Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Meet Angus (and learn Mr. Baby's name!)

On our recent Babymoon (see post below), we visited the sheep country of England. While there, I could not resist this little face. Plus, he had a little tag that read, "My name is Angus. Please love me." Precious! So I decided that he could be Oliver's little companion. Oliver Avery Paxton, by the way, is what we've decided to call Mr. Baby. I was reprimanded by some of you for hiding that announcement at the bottom of the Babymoon post; my sincerest apologies.

But now that Oliver has a name, he needs a place to stay, too! So we finally set up a little nursery for him. We took a day trip to Ikea (which is about an hour from our apartment via two metros and a bus) and bought a chair (which we, of course, had to carry back on the bus and two metros... for all those feedings to come!); we set up his pack 'n play (which will be his crib while we're here), and we put together his bouncer. Chris even had a smile at the end of that exhausting day!
Since we only have two bedrooms in the apartment, and we have family coming to visit for several weeks after his arrival, his current nursery is in our room. As soon as all the family clears out, though, we'll move him to the second bedroom. In the meantime, here is Oliver's nursery:
I know it's not much, and I know that until now I have tried to refrain from silly mommy posts, but I had to share this much... Thanks for not puking!

4 comments:

  1. Bleeeeech...just kidding! You know you're going to continue to have tons of mommy posts. And it's only allowed because you live a jillion miles away. Otherwise, it wouldn't be tolerated.
    And along with the bouncer, I would also like an Angus. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. Glad that you got Oli a memory of England. Angus is a very common Scottish name you know, there is still time to reconsider.

    And I love the room- the pack and play is appropriate. 5 weeks to go for you! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, get over the silly mom posts. It's about to be all you write about! :-) Love the name, and we did a room combo for Justin's first 5 months as well. They don't know the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the FULL name! So cute! Saw Chris in SS on Sunday. I miss you! ;)

    ReplyDelete