Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thankful...

"How come he's so cute?" Chris asks me as Oliver lays sleeping on the bed next to us while we watch So You Think You Can Dance. It's almost noon on Saturday, June 12, and our son (wow! it's weird to say those words) is almost three weeks old. It's been a challenging three weeks (as I'm sure all you who have children can understand), but SO worth it. Today is especially exciting for us because Oliver has reached his birth weight. Babies who do not reach their birth weight by three weeks are considered "failure to thrive" - what parent would not panic at the idea of that label being attached to their precious child?!?! Although we've had some scares in the past three weeks because Oliver was losing too much weight and did not seem to be gaining it back quickly enough, he's finally on the right path. Thank you, Lord! And we are simply mesmerized by him:
Our sweet little boy loves his baths, as long as you keep him in the warm water.
He also has done so well sitting in his monkey seat (thank you Aunt Sarah!!!) while we eat dinner... How cute is he??
Even if he doesn't always look happy, he's pretty content (and can you tell this was when he was losing too much weight?):
He even slept in it in the kitchen while I cooked.... This thing has been invaluable!
He's been having more and more "awake time" and I love watching his eyes - he's so alert and interested in things going on around him:
[I think he looks a little like mini-me in this next picture, but Chris doesn't like me to say that...]
But I'm telling you, this boy can sleep with the best of them, too... Especially in Daddy's arms or Nana's lap:
How can you not fall for that face?!?! I know we're biased... But we are SO thankful for this precious gift. And for what God is teaching us about trusting Him while we raise Oliver.

5 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    He is just adorable, and I love each picture y'all are putting up, such good shots of Oliver! Y'all are amazing parents! Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan and I have been "AWWWW"ing all over this post. Precious. Simply precious.

    We especially love his "throwin' it up" (or as Megan says, "chuckin' a duece") picture. Awesome.

    We love you guys.

    - Gabby & Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like dad we've decided.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to hug him and smell his little baby smell and rub the fuzz on his head! What a sweet bitty boy- been praying for you with feeding stuff- call if you need ANYTHING! So glad Nana is there to enjoy these sweet moments. Looks like daddy is enjoying the snuggle buddy too. Keep posting pics! Love, Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are amazing! Seriously, they look professional to me. Oliver is stunning and sweet. We are do happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete