So, of course, during our short (less than 24 hour) visit to their adorable home, we had to snap some photos of the babes. Due to nap schedules and such, we only got a chance right before we were about to leave to catch our train, but I think we got some cute ones anyway. Here are Vanessa and Will with both the little ones:
Since the kids weren't smiling at Chris's attempts to entertain them, Vanessa offered to take over (since I was hiding behind the camera). Will and Chris could hardly contain themselves at Vanessa's antics, but the babes seem rather nonplussed:
So we decided to sit them down for some pics. Karis is taller than Oliver, but I have to make a note here that she was actually sitting in a Bumbo while Oliver is sitting on the floor - she's not that much taller than him:
And yes, they look a bit scared... too many people trying to get them to smile. Like I said, we were on a deadline.
Oliver: "What's wrong with these crazies?!?!"
Karis: "I have no idea..."
Both: "Whooooaaahhhh.... they've sunk to new lows..."
Oliver: "They're beginning to scare me."
Oliver: "Get back! I'll protect you from these psychos!"
Thankfully, they eventually got over their fears...
But Karis got tired of Oliver, it seems:

He didn't mind, though; he was too busy practicing his "To be or not to be..." from Hamlet:

Karis was much happier with her mommy:

Oliver seems pretty happy with Karis' mommy, too:

I guess Vanessa just has the magic touch!

So after all that, no pictures of both smiling... I tell you what, though, I know that non-moms are probably ready to puke by now, but there are few things more entertaining to me than pictures of my baby and my sweet friend's baby playing together... warms my heart.
Love the Hamlet photo! Following after his mother =)
ReplyDeleteOli pics! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI'm a non-mom, but I thought this series was GREAT! I finally know what babies are really thinking.
ReplyDelete