We scoured the internet for brocantes (traveling flea/antique markets) during the week. Most take place on weekends, but we wanted to go without Chris, obviously. Once we found one on a weekday, Oliver and I headed out via bus to just north of the Charles de Gaulle Etoile. Poor Oliver practically gave up his morning nap while mom walked up and down the aisles multiple times trying to decide what to get dad. Finally, we landed on an excellent gift; the only trouble was how to get it home...
Though I did not have the baby carrier with me, I did have a sheet that we use to put down on the grass when we go to the park. Desperate (and unwilling to call a taxi since I did not have a car seat with me), I tied a sort of baby sling using the sheet and put Oli in it. Then, the gift:

Crazy? Maybe. But we made it home safely! And now we have a beautiful trunk (which dates to mid 1800's!) in our living room. And, most importantly, Daddy loved it. Success!
that looks dangerous...but i guess it was for a good cause. now i have a place to put my booty. :)
ReplyDelete