We began the day at the beach, but I didn't take the camera, so no luck there. I did remember, though, why I like Nice's beach so much... there's no sand! Most people view Nice's rock beach as a downside, but since I hate sand. I mean really really hate sand. I loved it! That afternoon (after a trip to the market for some lunch stuff and a nap for the little ones), we caught the bus to Eze, a medieval hill town. The town was festive and touristy:

With plenty of great details:

The windy, cobblestone streets were really cool, and the babies took turns in the Ergo and stroller:


The best part, though, was once we got to the top. The views of the coast were spectacular:


And Oliver was thrilled to get some freedom to run around:

After the bus ride back into Nice, we took a little walk (as directed by our friendly guide, Rick Steves) around Nice's center and Old Town. We began in Place Massena, where you can plainly see the Italian influences on Nice's architecture:

They had the national boules tournament going on at the time, too, which was fun to see:

And the little ones were happy just to take in the views:

From there we walked into the Old Town (where we were staying - highly recommend it!!) and stopped at a famous candy store (apparently Queen Victoria stopped here, too!):

And finished back at the square where they host the market each morning (and which is home to many cafes' outdoor tables each evening). It is surrounded by beautiful buildings, too:

After that eventful day, we cooked in that evening (with our fresh food from the market) and enjoyed a little R&R. More to come, I promise...
Ha, I have only edited half of the photos. I will probably post them on Facebook- I can barely remember any of the cool details. (except that- isn't this last photo involve Matisse?)
ReplyDelete