Saturday, April 6, 2013

To Elliot on his First Birthday

You brighten my life.

Your smiles, laughter, slobbery kisses, and hugs are balm to the soul.  You dance whenever music is played.  You make your own music, playing the piano or the drums for hours, and for now, you're definitely a soprano.

You love your big brother more than anyone.  All you have to do is see him and your face lights up.  You scrunch your nose and laugh from your belly.  You love your daddy, too.  Any time you see him, especially early in the mornings, you call "Da-da" while you point at him and then laugh hysterically.  But your momma is your security.  When I sit on the floor, you crawl right up into my lap and into my heart.
Speaking of crawling on people when they're on the floor, your favorite game is wrestling with Oliver. You don't seem to have figured out that he's twice your size (and he hasn't either...), but you love to push him down and roll over him.  I hope you two will continue to play with such joy and laughter always.



You are the best natured kid.  You've been a little loud yelling screaming shrieking lately, but it's usually because you're happy.  You love cars, balls, bats, and anything boy.

You have the most gorgeous eyes.  Long lashes (where did those come from?!?!) and a dreamy pale blue...

You scared me when you started pulling up and walking with toys at a mere 9 months, but you sagely (and graciously!) waited until 11 months to actually walk.  And now, though you often choose to crawl instead, you're doing great.

Your not a huge fan of food, but you seem to be growing just fine.  You play with your tongue out about 90% of the time, so maybe it's just too big for your mouth?  I'm sure you'll grow into it, and I'm not worried about it... But you can see your distaste for food when you weren't even interested in your birthday candle yesterday.

Despite this, I couldn't ask for anything more.  I love you, and I hope you have a fabulous time at your birthday party tonight.

With all my heart,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment