Friday, August 14, 2009

I caved...

So after years of rolling my eyes at friends and their blogs (though secretly wasting away the hours reading them when no one was watching), I have finally caved and begun a blog. I'm actually a bit ashamed, I must admit. And no, I did not start a blog to show off cute pictures of my kids (which is why most people I know have blogs), and since potty training, first-ever hair cuts, and eating solid foods (the common topics of the above-mentioned blogs) is not exactly newsworthy for me and my husband (and, hopefully, no one would want to read that anyway!!)...



Seriously, my husband and I think we'll be moving overseas with his company soon (we are very early in the process, and I guess there is still a potential things could fall through, so I'm hesitant to say anything with certainty). We have always wanted to do this, though, and we felt that enough things were falling into place that we should jump at the opportunity. I therefore quit my job (since I am a teacher and the school year was about to begin) so that I would be available to move with him. All that to say, I would like to write some (I was an English teacher after all) while I am not working, and I could certainly use an easier way to stay in touch with people once we move! Therefore, I, blushing and embarrassed though I am, am now a blogger.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I started our blog because we moved to College Station and then to Kentucky. Our parents kept asking for pictures. Since we had Ellie, it has quickly become all about her. I'm sure your blog will soon be about baby, too. And it's wonderful! Babies are so amazing and such a gift from God that it's hard not to show them off. Blogs make great scrapbooks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey old friend -

    just found this blog.
    i hope you are well across the ocean - and congratulations on your baby to be!
    are you on facebook?
    love,
    katie
    ps: crap. after reading your above post - i realized that i just posted something about how much my 18 month old eats. oh well ;) good thing neither of my girls have enough hair to cut - so we won't be talking about that!!
    www.thewellsfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete