We have come to Europe to find an apartment. Actually, we are currently in London where Chris has some business meetings and I am trying to occupy myself without spending too much money. :-) On Saturday, though (after Mon-Fri meetings), we'll be taking the Chunnel to Paris (how
weird to be on a train under the water - I'm not so sure about this!) to meet with the realtor and find an apartment. We have about four days to do so, so prayers are much appreciated!
Meanwhile, we had a fun day yesterday: not sleeping at all on the plane, waiting in the immigration line for two hours, wandering through Heathrow for another hour looking for lockers to hold our luggage, and then taking an hour long tube ride into London... Oh wait, that was not the fun part. Really, the night and morning were rough, but once we made it into London, we (tired though we were) enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.
We walked from Parliament, past Westminster, to Trafalgar Square.
We ate lunch at a pub near the square and then headed down The Mall toward Buckingham, took an hour-long detour in St. James Park where we lay on the beautiful lawn and slept, literally.
I'm not sure the bare ground has ever felt so comfortable.
Then we headed past Buckingham toward the Hyde Park Underground Station and back out to Heathrow to get our luggage. After a short cab ride, we were in Windsor at our hotel and asleep in bed... by 4:30. That was truly heavenly! For those concerned, we did wake up for dinner and go back to bed around midnight - we haven't completely ruined our sleep schedule. That's about all for day 1; day 2 has begun, but I may just take it easy at the hotel today while Chris has his meetings. That still gives me four more days of trying to entertain myself in Windsor and London... Thanks for checking in!
Oh! It looks like SO much fun. I wish we were there to enjoy it with you. I could help you spend some money :) Miss you already!
ReplyDelete