So I was overly optimistic about how much I could accomplish solo in England. Instead of traveling all over while Chris was in meetings, I took it easy at the beautiful hotel grounds where we were staying. Not quite as exciting, but at least it shored up my energy for our house hunt in Paris. Here is a picture of the place where we stayed (you can see why I didn't feel the need to leave!):
We did get to see Windsor, though, which is such a charming small town. The river was beautiful, and all the trees were changing (yes, O Texans, trees' leaves actually change colors in the fall in other parts of the world). The highlight, though, was naturally Windsor castle, "home of the monarch for over 900 years," or so they claimed all over the town. Check out how cool it was - it was so typically castle-like!
The moat was empty, but they had filled the area in with a beautiful garden:
Although it was rather rainy and gross that day, we had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment