Monday, December 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Praise the Lord! I think we have a place to live!! Thank you all for your prayers. Lord willing, we will be moving into a beautiful Parisian apartment this Friday. Please don't judge it based on my photography skills... but so many of you have asked for pictures, I did my best. Here is our lovely street:
Though the bedrooms are rather small on US standards (and the bedding may not be my style), they're huge on Parisian standards (trust me, the fact that there is room to move around the bed is a good sign!):
The entryway has great charm: And it opens to the dining room/living room (which are connected) via beautiful french doors. I especially love the big windows with their picturesque views of the other Haussmann buildings (the style of Parisian buildings from the late 19th century) in the neighborhood:
Additionaly, I love the kitchen. Again, a bit small on US terms, but large, renovated, and beautiful on Parisian terms... And very functional: Probably the best part of all is that this apartment has BOTH a washer AND a dryer, and they have their own room so I can close the door, and that room has further storage space... It's heaven:

Ultimately, we are so thankful not only for such a beautiful place to live (on a lovely and quiet street, right by a park, about 3 minutes from grocery stores and plenty of other shopping, 10 minutes from the Eiffel Tower and Napolean's Tomb, 20 minutes from the Seine), but especially that the process was so quick and painless. Our realtor and the relocation company have been wonderful, and we are scheduled to move in this Friday - only one week after we found the apartment. Praise the Lord!! Now if someone would only build a Sonic down the street...

3 comments:

  1. Yea! Your place looks amazing! I can't wait to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful!! And YOU are going to be so beautiful living there! I can just see it! Thank You, Lord!! Love you! So happy for you!! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 minutes from the eiffel tower - that's amazing! looks great with everything you need. so glad you found a place!

    ReplyDelete