Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Miracle

Sorry for the prolonged silence... We've been in visa limbo, which I have intentionally named such due to its remarkable similarities to some of Dante's disturbing visions; you would not believe the waiting process! Admittedly, despite the delays and lack of information, I have actually rather enjoyed myself during the past few weeks, so I can't complain too much. Most importantly, we now know that we *should* (barring any bizarre changes) be picking up our visas on Monday, February 1 (we even have a real appointment!) and returning to Europe on Tuesday, February 2. Thanks to all who have entertained me during my stay here... I must say that I don't mind being a visitor in my home town! For the record, though, we will actually be heading to Barcelona for a few days for a conference, and then back to home in Paris. Anyone with particular Barcelona recommendations, feel free to send them my way! Oh, and here is my plug for The Shadow of the Wind (by Zafon) - a FABULOUS book set in Barcelona, full of mystery, intrigue, love, war... I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Ok, on to the real subject of my post: the miracle of life. No, I promise that I will not give you a biology lesson (I prefer to avoid the awkward and uncomfortable when not necessary); rather, I want to share something that I have experienced this past week to which possibly only other parents can relate, but please keep reading regardless!

I've been memorizing scripture with a sweet friend for the past few months, and we've started memorizing Psalm 139. I know I've memorized little bits of it over the years, but let me just tell you what a MAJOR difference it makes to be memorizing it with Mr. Baby growing inside of me... Just saying these words:

You formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

WOW - is our God INCREDIBLE or WHAT?!?!?! SO loving, SO caring, SO compassionate... And to allow us to be a part of that beauty as mothers.... I'm am simply in awe. So that’s my scoop for the day; I hope it at least got you thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment