Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TBD Paxton

Well, the time has come for an update on our litte one. I know that's what most of you want to read anyway... TBD, as we have dubbed the child until we know more information and are therefore able to supply a name, will not be TBD for much longer. We have an appointment on Thursday morning to find out if we will add another boy to the ranks of the Paxton/Ownby clan or if we will bring an alien into those two families, otherwise known as a girl. For those of you unaware, there have been no girls in the Paxton line for several generations, and in my generation of the Ownby clan, the girls are outnumbered 3 to 1. Anyway, the important thing is that you only have two days left to vote on what you think Baby Paxton is!! So be sure to cast those votes quickly!

On another note (and in case any of you are wavering in your vote... though I'm not sure if this will help you decide or not), I have further information on Baby Paxton. Not only is TBD quite active, and has been for the last few weeks, but we have discovered a way to incite movement in the child... Latin music. Yup, that's right, our little white baby (and likely blonde-haired and blue-eyed, too) has got some definite Latin flair (I guess TBD still considers Houston home?). Rodrigo & Gabriela and the Spanish Harlem Orchestra have TBD either dancing or drumming away (we haven't decided which), regardless of the location or time of day... At least TBD shouldn't be a boring baby!

As for me, because I know I will simply have to answer this question via multiple emails from many of you if I don't share the update, I am hanging in there. It is definitely easier to put up with the nausea now that I can feel the baby moving; it certainly makes it feel more "real." And, thankfully, with some new medicine and a little more routine to life in France (it's taking awhile, but we're getting there), the nausea is definitely not gone, but much more manageable. I'm at 19 weeks today, so maybe there will be grace and I'll make it through the second half of this pregnancy without getting sick... We'll see. In the meantime, we are THRILLED about TBD and cannot wait to see the ultrasound on Thursday. Thank you for all your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. So, what is Baby Paxton???? A boy or a girl?! We're very excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete