Yes, I know, I am far behind... To catch up, here are the best recipes we've enjoyed since I last posted.
So this one may not truly be traditional French, but I wanted something different... With fresh French roquefort cheese and olive tapenade from the outdoor market, this pork tenderloin was delicious! You can find the full recipe and instructions at the link above, but learn from my mistakes: pound the pork tenderloin as thin as possible and be sure to actually secure the roll with toothpicks or string.
The sauce is FABULOUS, so be sure not to skip that part.
Unfortunately, I think I left the pork too thick, and we did not have toothpicks or string, which is what led to the P-shaped medallions rather than rolls. Of course, since our name is Paxton, it worked out!
This dish was easy and YUMMY! We made it for brunch, which was excellent, though I'm sure it would be wonderful as a dinner side dish, as well. Tartiflette is basically a potato casserole with Reblochon cheese and bacon... Very rewarding and quick to throw together (though I'm not sure how easy it is to find Reblochon in the US). You could probably substitute another cheese, if you like, though I think the Reblochon is essential for tartiflette's truly unique flavor. Speaking of the cheese, it was too soft to slice like the recipe suggested (linked above again), so Chris molded it into strips and decided to decorate the top of the casserole:
My initials in Reblochon cheese... how romantic:
Thankfully, the cheese melted to a beautiful golden brown (and the RP was no longer recognizable):
I highly recommend both. Enjoy!
I expect a tartiflette next time I see you. Soooo in a year?
ReplyDeleteP-shaped medallions - hilarious!
ReplyDelete