Saturday, August 7, 2010

Park Photo Shoot

Is anyone reading this blog? Or am I just indulging my own fantasies that my son is THE most ADORABLE child EVER (no offense intended to anyone else's children, of course). Seriously, let me know if you're reading this; it will make me feel better.

Anyway, back to my completely objective, unbiased view that my child is precious... Here is the result of a little photo shoot taken in the park by our house the other day. Check out the way he works multiple emotions - a model in the making?

The intense yet subtle gaze into the camera:
Flashing the pearly whites (oh wait, he has none yet...):
The off-camera, artsy look:
And last, but certainly not least, the wink:

9 comments:

  1. This post is to die for! Oliver is so cute and is becoming so handsome! You are a superstar for posting on your blog so regularly. I am definitely reading, and it is a treat for me to read!
    Love,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have 300 posts in goggle reader that I just started attacking tonight. So yes, I am reading just delayed!

    Some things I noticed:

    Do you have two Moby Wraps now? Saw a pretty green/teal color on one post.

    Chris looks JUST like his mom!

    These smiles of Oliver are presh!

    You look great - about time there are some photos of you!

    And fyi, if you ever want people to comment more regularly, then you must do the same on their blog...just relaying the rules of blogging...when you get a free moment, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel: I have been reading your well-crafted words and enjoying your beautiful photography for months, and made no comments because we don't really know each other. Here is a belated fan letter to a great blogger! I am a friend of your belle-mere, and she told me about your blog. I followed along during your pregnancy, LOVED the pictures from the Babymoon, and anxiously awaited news of the birth of Oliver. I cried tears of joy to see the wonderful pictures of Momma Joy holding her grandson! I told her that this blog is so far past the fuzzy polaroids we used to snail mail to our parents--it is AMAZING that she can see such clear pictures of Oliver from Paris! I definitely think you have a very handsome son, and you could never post too many pictures. I am not sure I could see more of Paris if I was there myself, so I am really enjoying the tour. Know your posts are appreciated! Daniece Mulcahey

    ReplyDelete
  4. you KNOW i read it (well you do now). i love keeping up with you and seeing oliver - pretending y'all are right down the street and i'm watching him grow that way! :-) i can't wait to meet him and get to know him. i was telling travis the other day i can't wait till y'all are back and our boys can become friends :-). i seriously look forward to the day y'all are back and we can be mommies together. i feel weird not seeing you with your baby in person. i can't wait to talk about mommyhood and baby love with you :-). please keep posting - your adventures in paris but what i LOOOVE most is pics of y'all and sweet oliver. he's a cutie and i really just can't wait to meet him. can we have an email catch up? caleb's bday is this next weekend...maybe i'll send you a super long email next week! love you! haha i just realized this comment kinda turned into basically an email :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel,

    I love reading your blog, and I love getting to see pictures of your handsome little Oliver! I especially love the pictures of him laughing and winking - precious!

    Love - Jenn Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course we are reading! Love these pics and can't wait to meet the little model!

    ReplyDelete