Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Uncle Rhys

To carry on the tradition (see Uncle Richard), I give you another post devoted to two beloved men in my life: my big brother, and my firstborn son. What could be more special?? Rhys came to visit (from Italy, where he is serving with the US Army), and we had a wonderful, laid-back weekend. I am SO glad he was able to come (because who knows how long it will be before we're ready to travel to Italy with Oliver...), and SO thrilled to see Oliver with his Uncle Rhys:
And, I'm proud to say, that despite the fact that EVERYONE seems to think that Oliver looks like his dad (which is not a bad thing, of course), you can't tell me he doesn't look like his uncle in these pictures (and it's not just the bald thing, either):
And that, I believe, means that he must look like me, too, since Rhys and I are practically twins (if you don't believe me, see the picture in front of the Arc de Triomphe here). So, yes, this is my desperate attempt to prove that my son shares features with me other than his incessant hiccups and ability to spread his toes and flip his tongue.

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought Oli's looked like you. Especially your nose. And great to see Rhys!

    ReplyDelete