Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oliver: 5 Months

My son is FIVE MONTHS tomorrow... I can't believe it. Heck, I can hardly get past the words "my son" still. When people on the metro or in the store start talking to me about Oliver (fille ou garcon?... tres mignon... tres beau... aaaawwww, le petit chou...) I keep remembering the first few times I took him out and people asked how old he was. My answer was in days: 3, 8, 10... Now my answer is in months? How does that happen?? Will it truly reach years sometime (by the grace of God)??? Anyway, enough rambling. I know that some of you are waiting on posts I have yet to finish (sorry, Jon and Sarah, I promise yours is coming), but his 5-month birthday only comes once, and I have a HUGE backlog of Oli pics. So here's just a few for your viewing pleasure (oh, and I should probably warn that about half are iphone pics... we're not promising masterpieces here, folks).

First, right when we returned from the US (at about 3 1/2 months), as reported, he began rolling over. Here are his action shots from those first couple of days:
Haha... I love the face plant. Unfortunately for my amusement, he is past that point and can now go deftly from flat on his back to pressed up on his tummy in a matter of seconds. Gosh, time flies. He still smiles with the best of them:
He's still rocking the Bumbo off and on... Though I'm sure we'll use it more when he starts eating solids; it seems a convenient way to feed him:
He LOVES to stand up:
And he seems to be enjoying our new Ergo, which is GREAT since Chris can now carry Oli, too!! This boy is getting HEAVY:

He also enjoyed a few beautiful days in the park; there's just something about outside that is soothing to a baby, I guess:
And he willingly (though I guess he doesn't really have a choice) sported his winter gear when the weather turned cold):
His most recent obsession is the favorite toy of most French babies (or so we've been told): Sophie the Giraffe:
He still loves his baths (and, clearly, lives in a perpetual state of raised eyebrows):
Even better, he lets me take pictures of his many expressions. 1. Staring at mom:
2. Skeptical about dad:
3. Apparently mad at dad... though I think I just happened to catch a funny moment. He's never mad at Chris. :-)
Unfortunately, he had some trouble getting his time clock fixed after our trip to the US. For over a month, he never slept for longer than about 3 hours... Ouch. I have to admit, though, the times hanging out with him on the living room floor after his bedtime (on one of the nights that we caved and let him stay up with us for a while) were precious:
In many ways, it's been the best five months of my life.

3 comments:

  1. How funny! Wyatt rolled tummy to back first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - Thanks for sharing the pictures! He is so precious. I LOVE the many faces of Oli!

    ReplyDelete