Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Normandy Beach

Normandy Beach, just a short walk away from our retreat center a few weeks ago, simply gorgeous.
Sweet Chris squinting in the sun:
Random stranger with CUTE little man in galoshes:
Janelle walking with some random dog:
Can you tell I was simply drooling over these scenes? I tried to restrain myself, but I ended up with a gazillion pictures. What can I say? The light was perfect; the water was beautiful; the weather was lovely, and the subjects were willing:
Actually, she didn't know I was taking this picture. But isn't she STUNNING?!?! This photo is straight-out-of-camera; could she be any more gorgeous?!?! Truly, Jaz, you are beautiful inside and out:
And really, I had a blast taking these pictures.
The easiest subjects were Callum, age 4, and Blaine, age 3. I'm not sure there's anything better than a child fascinated by the rocks at the beach:
And, as boys will be boys, they of course had to throw them into the water:

Luckily, Callum had on the appropriate shoes:
Unfortunately, Blaine didn't. Poor Tim kept trying to keep him dry:
But at least he wasn't bothered by the cold:
Sweet Dannayea gave me a great smile, too:
Poor Blaine didn't want to leave at the end:
It wasn't only the children who enjoyed it, though; Janelle and Fred seemed pretty content, as well:
These crazies, aka Ben and James, got in the water. Notice the parka-like coat that Janelle was wearing? She was not overdressed, for the record. It was cold!
All in all, a GREAT day for taking pictures. So, like Tim told Blaine, look at the camera and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment