Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's My Party....

On June 4, we had the privilege of celebrating Oliver's birthday with our friends here in Paris:
I spent the morning decorating cupcakes... Since I had found an adorable evite with a train, I decided to try to continue that theme with my cupcakes. Way too much work, but I thought they were cute!
The weather was lovely, and many friends came out to the park to celebrate with us:
We even got a couple of family pictures:
Even better, everyone wanted to play with Oliver!! (Great break for mom!)
Tiffany was a big hit with the bubbles:
Oliver found them particularly entertaining:
He also stared in utter rapture at the older kids playing soccer:
And made a beeline for the fresh dirt, of course:
I'm telling you, this kid was in heaven!
We tried to get a "kid" (+ Justin, who graciously joined them) picture...
A little tough to get them all looking at the same time:
We almost forgot Jude and Julia Kate (the one on the way), though:
Of course, we sang happy birthday:
And Oli got his first taste of cake... Like all food, cake was quite a hit with the little man:
Just as thrilling for Oliver was the gift opening:
He was focused:
Enraptured:
Intense:
And overjoyed:
Best of all, he gave everyone a round of applause when he was done!
He then climbed on top of his presents to declare his kingship:
By the end, we had one tired cookie...
But he had a blast, and he even sent out train-themed thank you notes the following day.
Oliver had fun and, most importantly, we all enjoyed celebrating the little blessing that he is!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sweet Oliver! The party looks like a hit Rachel! I wish it weren't 100+ in Houston so we could party at a park instead of at our house! Guess a summer baby means lots of water parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO BEHIND on blogs! Love this! Cannot believe this fella is one - and wearing thong flip flips on top of it! SO big boy, and such a happy baby. Loved those cupcakes - work accomplished! Wish I could have eaten one. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete