Friday, December 9, 2011

Velib Paris

As one last hoorah before we left Paris, Chris and I decided to take a morning date while Oliver was at school. We dropped him off and then walked down the street to the velib station, the place where you can use your metro pass to get a bike to ride. I've always wanted to do it, but since I was either pregnant or carrying a baby the entire time I've lived there, I never had the opportunity. So we headed off towards the river. We took a beautiful ride past Les Invalides, along the river by Pont d'Alexandra III, and crossed over the Seine at the Place de la Concorde. The feeling of the cold November wind on our faces as we raced down the quai was ironically a balm on the wound of our coming departure from the city of lights.

While crossing the river, we brought out the camera to document our little outing, and Chris promptly asked to take a picture of me with the river behind. I foolishly thought he was taking a picture of me and the city... alas, I was wrong:
Oh well, we remedied that as we took more pictures crossing the bridge:
With the Place de la Concorde:
And the Assemble Nationale:
We then continued on the other side of the river...
Past the Musee d'Orsay:
And other beautiful views:
We finally turned when we reached the Louvre where we attempted a shot together:
And then parked the bikes and headed for some incredible hot chocolate at Angelina's. Such a fabulous morning!

After our "day date," I returned to pick up Oliver from school and finally took those pictures I've been promising of the charming alley where his school is located. Could this place be any cuter?
Despite the yucky, cloudy morning, it was one of my favorite memories of our time there... So glad we had the chance before we left!

No comments:

Post a Comment