Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm dreaming of a...

Blog that's not so far behind! Christmas in March? Oh well, grace grace grace. We had the privilege of celebrating two Christmases this year. First stop: Houston, TX.

As I think I mentioned in a previous post, my parents recently tore down our childhood home in order to rebuild (it was a great decision, by the way, the new house is looking awesome!). They are currently living in a little rental home down the street which has been perfect for the situation but was, admittedly, a little small and dark for our crew at Christmas time. No problem AT ALL for the festivities; we still had a blast, but it made for some tough photography. So sorry about the quality of these pictures... Let's just say that I've decided to give you the completely raw, unedited, super pink versions. Thank you for not judging. :)

Although Oliver was still too young to understand the meaning behind Christmas, he sure enjoyed the party. As always, he had huge smiles and so much fun with Uncle Richard:
He convinced most of us to join in a game of catch (with an old teddy bear) on the floor:
Daddy, Aunt Adele, and Grandnana managed to keep their seats but relished the entertainment he provided:
Once the presents began, he was focused:
Dad got the job of helping him open his since mom was taking pictures...
He opened his Jesus Storybook Bible (great book, by the way, really more for ages 3-6, but we've already enjoyed parts of it) from me and politely showed some interest:
But was far more impressed with his gift from daddy - real bongos:
I have to say that it was a joy to watch them together:
I am SO blessed by all my sweet family and so thankful to celebrate the love of our Savior together... Christmas #2 in Santa Fe to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment