Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Small Victories

His grace is sufficient for me!!!!

Small Victory #254: Oliver slept for a full 1 hour and 40 minutes during the nap for which he fell asleep without crying the other day. Glorious.

Small Victory #255: Oliver hung out on his blanket and practiced his rolling during Bible study, allowing me to participate. He only fussed once or twice because he got stuck, and was immediately pleased when righted.

Small Victory #256: Oliver has been waking up a few times after his bed time, but he falls back asleep on his own... without crying... in just a couple of minutes. Incredible.

Small Victory #257: A 2.25 hour nap this afternoon... For both of us!

Small Victory #258: A healthy check up at the pediatrician. And, just as fabulous, an opportunity to tell my doctor that "God knew when I needed grace" and helped Oliver to mature. That, of course, was in reference to my dr's question as to whether or not Oliver was the same child, since he was SO content and smiley (something he was not in his previous visits). All of that led to a very interesting conversation about prayer and religion... Opportunities. :-)

By the way, I know I've promised several regular posts and then not followed through... But I really am thinking of making this a weekly report. It's therapeutic for me, candy for the grandparents, and open forum for any other mom's who would like to commiserate, celebrate, question, or just enjoy. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment