I know, I know, I'm way behind... But here's a quick photo version of our fabulous trip to the Texas Hill Country. Most importantly, Oliver got to meet my Nana, his Grandnana:



And he obviously enjoyed it:

Almost as important, Chris and I got a little date to San Marcos, where we visited the Cool Mint Cafe; I highly recommend it.

By the time the weekend rolled around, we had lots of important visitors. Although my grandfather passed away a few years ago, his older brother (who just celebrated his 90th birthday!) and his wife (Aunt Jackie) came to meet their great, great nephew. Oliver and Uncle Ben:

And you might notice Momma Joy, who flew in from Santa Fe, holding Oliver in the photo... They were both content with the arrangement:

Oliver also got to meet his other Uncle Ben (Chris' brother), but those pictures are coming later. Chris got to spend some quality time with the little man:


And we were blessed by a visit from Joy's long-time friend Daniece, to whom Oliver quickly cozied up:

We didn't sit around the whole time, though; we also went shooting on a friend's property. What gorgeous Texas Hill Country!

As this was Chris' first time to shoot skeet, we had a few tutorials:



And, for the record, he was such a pro - he was hitting 60% on his first try ever! After the skeet, we got out the big guns...



Before we left, we of course had to take some multi-generational shots. First, my mom (Oli's Nana), Oli, me, Nana (Oli's Grandnana), and my Aunt Erin (mom's sister):

Next, Chris, Oli, and Momma Joy:

And, of course, Oli and all his mommas...

Good time had by all.... More pictures from the river to come. :-)
Don't know what I love more - the multi-generational photos, the fact that both grandmothers were around, or you shooting that gun! It's been years since I shot skeet - miss it!
ReplyDeleteYou look so hardcore in the gun pick! I love it!
ReplyDelete