Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Elliot Kenley Paxton

I'd like to introduce you to Elliot Kenley Paxton:

He was born April 5, 2012, at 5:24 pm.  He weighed 7 lbs, 8 oz, and was 22 in long.

My water broke around 8:30 am, but there weren't really any contractions.  I tried to get Oliver to take a picture with me before I left for the hospital, but this was the best we managed:


We arrived at the hospital around 10 because they wanted me to come in for monitoring.  I still wasn't having very many contractions:


We had a fabulous room, though, that overlooked the Rice track stadium.  We decided he'd have to be a runner like you, Tim Meier!

After confirming that Elliot was a-ok, the midwife suggested that I go for a walk to try to speed things up (as my contractions had basically stopped altogether), so I grabbed my Tom's and my iPhone and headed out the door... power-walking the halls with all my might, determined to meet this baby soon:

Around 2:30, the contractions finally started up again in earnest, and Elliot came less than three hours later.  Though less than three hours of real labor wasn't too bad, obviously, Elliot decided to stay sunny-side up the whole way.  I feared that might be an indication of his personality - you know, a "stick it to the man" kind of mentality...  But praise God, he's be the MOST agreeable kid EVER!  He did the requisite crying at birth, but then he calmed down and just took it all in:
He dazzled his big brother who announced, upon meeting him, "This my baby."
He captured Momma Joy's heart:


And Nana and Papa's:

He even got some time in Uncle John's arms:

What a blessing to have family around this time!

We were so thrilled to have made it to a family of four:

No comments:

Post a Comment