Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Home Again

Do I really have the right to call Paris "home" after a mere 2-year stay?  Probably not... but I'm gonna do it anyway. :)  That's the new me.  Recklessly abandoned.  Or something like that.  I guess all those fabulous fan responses I received went to my head a little.

No really, thank you all for the encouragement.  I especially like the email I received from HT just this afternoon that read, "I just wanted to remind you that you said you would keep blogging if we said we read but you haven't yet :)"  Ha.  So you caught me.  Better late than never, though, right?

Anyway, back to Paris.  At the end of June, we had the fabulous opportunity to revisit that gorgeous, magical place.  Even better, we were able to see so many sweet friends whom we've missed TERRIBLY.  We were incredibly blessed to be able to stay at a friend's apartment (the only downside was that we didn't get to see her while we were there!). Though a different part of town from where we used to live, the apartment was a mere three minute walk to the river with this view of Notre Dame:

Does it get any better?!?!  Our sweet baby quickly learned what cold weather was (and finally got to wear something Oliver used to wear... they may be about the same season, but Paris and Houston have VERY different climates!):

He was an angel, by the way.  Continued to sleep through the night for the whole trip (only 3 months old at the time) and even slept for five hours on the floor of the airplane (since we didn't get the bassinet).  Incredible.  Anyway, our visit began with a rainy, cold picnic in Champs de Mars.  Though the weather left something to be desired, the company certainly did not.

So good to see my sweet friends!


Love this pic:

We spent the following evening at the Meiers, where Elliot camped out just as Oliver used to do:

Ah memories!

Man I miss these people!

The following evening we spent at the Philbricks, where Elliot and Matthew (only a couple weeks older) became fast friends:

Elliot really was amazing.  We came home most nights late (like close to midnight).  He stayed happy, went to sleep, and slept until 9ish.  Wow.


We did devote one evening to Notre Dame, Pita Grec, and this park.  Love love love.


And even enjoyed a view of the (finally!) refurbished Conciergerie sans scaffolding.  Very very cool.

I was so blessed to see my Bible study girls on Wednesday night.  Miss you all!

Also enjoyed an evening at the LePrinces' (I'm telling you, eating night after night with friends Parisian style... heaven):


We even got to celebrate Louis' first birthday:



Elliot, meanwhile, napped in the bathtub.  For the second time that week.  Awesome:

We really did have a fabulous time. Chris was able to spend good quality time with Elliot (something that has been hard because Oliver usually demands Daddy's attention when we're all together).

On our last day, we visited our old neighborhood:


Ate at our favorite boulangerie:

Even visited our market and talked to my old friends.  My heart hurts.  Someday...?  That afternoon, we tried to make our friends wedding.  Check out this church:


Unfortunately, the wedding was delayed (massive traffic jam holding up the groom's family... welcome to Paris), so we had to leave.  We did, though, get to give hugs to the bride and groom and tell them congratulations... then ran to catch our train to Geneva.  Only regret: the trip wasn't longer!

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh my gosh. It's so awesome that you got to go back and visit Paris, but I can't help being just a little bit jealous. LOVE all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete