To save money and time this year, we opted to take our own family pics. The tripod and remote were a new thing for us, plus we made the mistake of going for late afternoon sunlight (a good thing) which meant taking pics immediately after naps (apparently not a good thing). Though the boys were rested, they were GRUMPY. But since the sun was setting, we couldn't waste time... not the best combination. Anyway, here's a collection of some of the pics we got - some good, some bad; some edited, some not. Some funny, some sad, and some with my baby's face covered in snot. ;)
We started on our new front porch. This one made the back of the Christmas card this year:

This one, however, did not:
A few more came out pretty good, I thought:

And awkward, though it may be, I love this progression:
How hilarious is Oli's face here?
We then headed over to Rice University (surprised?) to take a few more:
Melt your heart much?
Of course, there were plenty of times when only one kid cooperated... Love Elliot here:
And Oliver here:
We got a couple other decent ones, but I definitely think I need to learn more about self shooting before trying this again:


We finally landed on this one for the Christmas card this year...

And after about 15 minutes of shooting, the boys were, of course D-U-N done. So we played a little:



Good, clean, family fun!
I love all of these! I think they came out fantastic! We did that post nap thing too---not so great!
ReplyDelete