Exhibit A: Oliver's adorably crooked nose, as seen on Day 2:

And another of him sleeping in his little swaddler on Day 2:

Exhibit B: Oliver (still adorable, mind you) with straight nose and swaddler... So big!

Next, Oliver with eyes open on Day 2:

And Oliver with eyes open just a few days ago. I'm loving how much more he is awake and alert now, but he seems so old!

Oliver making faces at his mommy on day 2:



Oliver making faces at his daddy the other day (notice the growing chub!!):


I know I'm biased, but could he be any more adorable?!?! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my child as he is now... But I miss him as he was. You can really see the difference in these pictures. Below is a shot of his "skinny-phase" while hanging out in his monkey seat:

And just the other day in the monkey seat (slightly out of focus, sorry):

Anyway, you can laugh all you want, but I'm sure there are some moms out there who can empathize with my semi-psychotic sadness at the growth of my child (despite utter joy at the same time, of course). If so, show me some support and tell me I'm not completely crazy!
you're not crazy...or weird :-) i start lamenting their growth pretty much the first week...he's so precious, rachel! glad he's doing well! i love seeing the chubbiness! :-)
ReplyDeleteRachel - I'm right there with you. I wish I could slow down time once Collin started sleeping through the night. Your Oliver is just adorable!
ReplyDeleteAs one of your younger childless friends, my response to this is:
ReplyDeleteYes, you are absolutely crazy. Your googly momminess is hilarious ("Don't worry, I won't be like all those other moms who only post pictures of their kids on their blogs"-Rachel Paxton).