Friday, October 7, 2011

Disneyland!

My first trip to Disneyland was about two months ago... sad, I know. I have to admit, though, that I still enjoyed it. Our friends, the Meiers, have season passes to Disneyland Paris, which is just a short train ride from the city, and they invited us and another family to go. Though I've never been to Disneyland or -world in the US, I'm told that many of the rides and features are the same. To be honest, I just know that we had fun, and that's all that matters!

Oliver was clueless as to what he was about to experience, but he seemed excited nonetheless:
Blaine, on the other hand, knew exactly where we were headed, and he couldn't wait:
I have to give kudos to Disneyland Paris; it really was exquisitely done: all the rides, rest areas, restaurants, etc. were spectacular:
We had to get a photo in front of the castle, of course, though Oliver clearly didn't care:
And just as we were leaving the Disneyland Park to visit Disney Studios, we found King Louis! I was THRILLED, as The Jungle Book is one of my all-time favorites. Oliver, on the other hand, was NOT. This is the only photo we got where he's not burying his head into my shoulder... I didn't even know Chris had the camera ready, obviously!
In Disney Studios, there were several rides for the little ones. Oliver's first experience was the Cars ride, and he loved it:
We then headed over to some Toy Story rides and had to catch a photo with the giant Buzz Lightyear who guarded the entrance:
Oliver eagerly agreed to try the next ride, the Slinky Dog:
Which he also enjoyed:
While I can't say that the whole day was perfect (as my early pregnancy caused some unpleasant moments), I can definitely pronounce it a success. The kids had fun and didn't totally melt down; the parents enjoyed a few adult rides and great conversation with each other; the slightly rainy weather kept it from being too hot and even lessened the crowds a bit, and I for one wanted to go back. I hope we can before we leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment