Friday, October 7, 2011

Oliver: 14 Months

Well, as you all now know, pregnancy is what's been going on with us lately... And, as many of you know, pregnancy and I do not get along very well. That said, I welcome any prayers you can spare for me: that I might survive, yes, but more than that, that I might have joy, peace, and strength to love my husband and son as I should during this time. Thank you in advance!

That said, I am determined not to let this blog slip away. We have been very busy these last few months, and I have many things to share. For now, I will give you just a couple of photos of my sweet boy (who, I hope, will continue to get monthly updates at least until little brother or sister is born! After that, no promises).

14 months was great for us. As I mentioned in the Nice post, he began walking at 14 months, giving us a new variety of excitement and challenges. In light of those changes, we finally put child locks on several cabinets in the apartment, and Oliver was quick to help with the power tools:
Some things did not change, though, as he still adores his drumsticks... A feel another musician in the family for sure!
One very exciting new advancement, though, was our no-longer bald child! It's not much, and it's VERY blonde, but he's finally got some hair! Just to prove it to the grandparents, I took some photos one morning right after he woke up, complete with bed-head and sleepy eyes:
I did finally get a smile out of him, at least!
Really, 14 months was so fun. I think walking is the best thing Oliver has done so far... it entertains him far more than anything I can come up with! Just before he turned 15 months, we visited the US, so I have much to share from that trip coming up. In the meantime, let me just say how thankful I am for this little bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment