Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pere Lachaise Revisited

Although I visited Pere Lachaise cemetery with Keeley last year, Chris had never been. So Chris, Oliver, and I visited back in August in our attempt to see every inch of Paris before we leave. We followed a similar path as our first visit, but the weather was gorgeous, so I couldn't help but snap some pictures. We started with the crematorium:
Then got distracted by some gorgeous flowers and a busy little bee:
We wandered the aisles, admiring the moss-covered mausoleums:
We had to pay a visit, of course, to Rossini's grave... all the while singing the William Tell Overture, to be sure:
And then we got to visit a space in Paris that neither of us had seen - Buttes-Chaumont Parc. The park is incredible; the entire thing is made up of steep hills, providing fabulous lounging lawns:
We had a little snack:
Enjoyed the nice weather:
And headed home. Another successful Saturday in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment