Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hill Country Holiday

While in Texas, we had the privilege of visiting my grandmother in Wimberley. I LOVE Wimberley: I spent my summers there as a child; I took friends to visit throughout high school and college; I got married there, and I have loved the two chances I've had to take my son to enjoy it.

For some reason, I only got the camera out one day while we were there... But I got a few wonderful photos in the process. Despite the 100+ degree temperatures throughout most of August, there was a slight cool front over Labor Day weekend, allowing for some fun time outside. We visited the playground at my grandmother's church (which, conveniently, is right down the street and a REALLY cool playground!).
This fabulous playground had a ton of shade and lawn chairs and benches for parents (and grandparents!)...
Plus, we were the only ones there, so we got to join Oliver on the equipment: walking back and forth across the bridge...
Sliding down the fireman's pole:
And going down the slide:
Perfect morning. That afternoon, we went down to the river. Oliver fell in love with my parents' dogs during this Texas trip, and he especially enjoyed watching them run by the river and swim. The lab has been swimming here for quite a few years:
The Irish Setter is the real enthusiast, though:
And even the French bulldog got into this time:
Since the river was so low (which means high bacteria count) due to the drought, we refrained from swimming ourselves, but look how much my boys enjoyed being there anyway!
That evening, we went out for Mexican food. You really can't go wrong with Texas hill country atmosphere and good ole greasy Mexican food. The place came complete with saddle out front:
And Mariachi cutout:
Just one of the fabulous days we spent in Wimberley. Thank you, Nana, for having us!

No comments:

Post a Comment